A couple of reasons why we want to be in Belgaum:
- The Government of Karnataka has proposed making Belgaum the second capital of the State of Karnataka with the recently upcoming second state administrative building Suvarna Vidhana Soudha.
- A high population with the urban area estimated in 2011 as 6,10,189.
- Belgaum has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 65%
- Belgaum enjoys rich cultural diversity stemming from its proximity to the states of Maharashtra and Goa.
- Belgaum is also an important educational center. Consisting of 8 engineering colleges, 5 medical colleges, and some of the dental colleges across the city and district.Vishweshwariah technological university is the biggest university of Karnataka for technical education (for BE,Mtech, MCA, MBA) is based in Belgaum. basic degree colleges,9 polytechnic colleges and 3 Law colleges are other educational institutions. KLE and KLS societies are two big educational giants based in Belgaum.
Will appreciate your comments on our next destination, please. Thank you in advance.