With the advent of technology new electronic devices have replaced books and as a result, the library culture is fading away. Also reading as a habit and a hobby has been replaced by so many others. with fewer people to read, people do not see libraries as beneficial in any way. However, this is where the error is. Libraries are not just beneficial for those who love to read. They can prove to be advantageous for advantageous for business as well.
1) Firstly, revenue is generated from extending memberships to people. The more the number of members, the more the profit. In order to encourage more and more people to take membership, various offers are often proposed. For instance, yearly membership with special perks.
2) Others who wish to use the library without taking membership can be charged a little more than the members.
3) The publication houses offer a certain commission to the library for housing the books published by them. Advertising certain publication houses generate a fair amount of commission for the library as well.
4) Libraries can allow the members to rent books and that can be a good way of generating profit. In fact, not just to members, books can be rented to others as well at a slightly higher price.
5) There can be a special section for books on sale. So that if the readers like a particular book, they can immediately buy it from the library itself. The readers will save some time by avoiding going from bookstore to bookstore searching for the book or searching it online and the library will profit as well.
6) There are some other facilities as well that some libraries offer to the member. For instance, the facility of home delivery of books. The libraries charge for delivering books at the doorstep of members.
7) A library website can be made so that people who are not members can order books as well.
8) A print center inside the library is a good idea for the business benefit. Readers can print anything they like or get it photocopied instantly by paying a certain amount.
9) Libraries often tie up with colleges and schools to provide them with books for the students and teachers.
10) Since libraries are the hub of reading, they can attract more and more readers by hosting events like a book launch or a talk by an author.
With so many ways business benefits of a library, opening one does not seem such bad idea after all. Luckily at JustBooks, we have the most lucrative plans for library franchisees. Contact us and we will gladly help you on how to go about opening the library of your dreams!