Sand, Sun, Books and lots of fun, hurray at last; summer has Begun!!! After a whole year of schooling and a little extra curricular activities as fillers Kids are all packed and ready to set their books aside and watch their favorite TV shows, go out on splendid holidays and make their summer vacation jolly! As parents we all want the best for our children, so without further adieu let’s look at important reasons as to why reading more books this summer is important for children!
- Mental Stimulation: If you play an instrument but put it down for three months, you’re not going to be as good as a someone who continues to play the instrument over those three month. Just like any other muscle in the body, the brain requires exercise to keep it strong and healthy. It also helps your kid think more creatively.
- Knowledge: Every kind of book you read, fiction or nonfiction increases the amount of knowledge you already have in a spectacular way! Who wouldn’t want their kids to earn this wealth of knowledge that can never be lost!
- Vocabulary Expansion: Reading daily sure pays of greatly and gets you across a wide range of words. This exposure goes a long way towards expanding your vocabulary!
- Memory Improvement: When your kids read books they tend to retain certain characters, settings, plots and locations they like. This makes sure they sharpen their memory skills. How cool is that?
- Stronger Analytical Thinking Skills: When you read a lot you start imagining more and more and that improves how you perceive and analyze everything in as well as outside the books! Make sure to read well in order to improve your analytical skills!
- Improved Focus and Concentration: In today’s world of the internet where everything is short and precise, not letting you stick to one thing for more than a couple minutes it’s very difficult to concentrate for longer periods! Reading something for even 30 minutes daily let’s you go a long way towards an improved concentration!
- Better Writing Skills: This is a skill that comes almost spontaneously with avid reading! Given that you’ve gone through the writing style of different kinds of published authors, your already going to know to write a lot better!
- Good Source Of Entertainment: A friend once asked me if I was a Bibliophile? To which I replied “not really… It’s more like Wanderlust”. Reading books takes you to places you’ve never even imagined of! You live lives of your characters and have a lot of fun being in a while new world for Free.
Whether the tastes of your kids lie in classical literature, poetry, fashion magazines, biographies, young adult books, self-help guides, street lit, or romance novels, there’s always going to be something out there to capture their curiosity and imagination.
The journey of a lifetime starts with turning a single page! So let’s get the kids to develop the beautiful habit of reading. Walt Disney once said “There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates loots and treasure lands” This Summer take your children to your local library or bookstore and let them pick out a book they’re going to love, because: Today’s Readers are going to be tomorrow’s leaders!
So what are you waiting for? Rush to your nearest JustBooks store today and make this summer more exciting for your children!